Charitable Grant Scheme
Kington Horse Show & Agricultural Society make a limited amount of funds available each year to provide both a grant for a young person to pursue an agricultural related course and a donation to a local charity. The main purpose of this fund is to promote the objectives of the Society which are rooted in the improvement and sustainability of agricultural practices and infrastructure.
All applications are considered by the Committee and wherever possible we ask candidates to come and talk to us about their projects or courses.
The following outlines the criteria for applying and information required by the committee to support an application:
Young Person’s Grant
• The applicant should be aged 16-26 yrs on 14th September 2019 and live within a 25-mile radius of Kington.
• A letter should be provided outlining the applicant’s name, address, tel no, email, DOB and details of the relevant course showing the total cost. The course should have a strong agricultural purpose with a recognised qualification on completion.
• If necessary, a shortlist of applicants will be interviewed by a panel of Society members.
• The successful applicant will be required to produce a short report (300-600 words, including one or two photographs) after the grant has been implemented. This will appear in the show catalogue.
Local Charity Donation
• The organisation should be a registered charity.
• The charity should be locally based within a 25-mile radius of Kington.
• A letter should be provided outlining the details of the charity, its main aim in the community and the purpose the funds will be used for.
• The successful charity should be prepared to provide a short acknowledgement of the support given by the Society and any photographs where appropriate. This will appear in the show catalogue.
Applications should be made in writing to the show secretary, Wendy Smith, by email at [email protected] or post to The Old Vicarage, Lyonshall, Kington HR5 3LN by 31st July 2019. All applications will be acknowledged whether successful or not.
The money will be awarded by the show president at Kington Show on Saturday 14th September 2019.